Closing out 2014…
As 2014 comes to a close, we want to take a few minutes to honor our Cottonwood Tucson staff for their continued efforts and dedication in helping us fulfill our mission statement.
“At Cottonwood Tucson we are dedicated to providing innovative and evidence-based holistic behavioral health treatment in an environment characterized by safety and respect for patients, family members and staff. Our commitment is to exceed community standards in the professional practice of medicine, nursing and psychotherapy and to operate our facility in a way that demonstrates respect and responsibility to our patients and employees.”
If you read our mission statement carefully certain words pop out: respect, commitment, and responsibility. It is now 27 years ago that Cottonwood de Tucson came to be, based on the vision of a group of recovering individuals. Their vision became a reality and to this day it is our employees who each day are committed to our patients and to each other.
Employee Recognition Program
It was in late 2011 that Cottonwood Tucson decided to formally recognize an employee of the month. However, it was determined that instead of the management team selecting an employee to recognize each month it should be the employees themselves who nominate their co-workers for this honor. Employees actually complete a nomination form stating why they feel a co-worker goes above and beyond the call of duty!
So each month an employee is selected to be recognized. Typically the announcement is made at our “all hands’ meeting” where the honoree is presented with a certificate, gift certificates, their name is permanently added to the Employee Of The Month plaque displayed in our main office lobby with their photo featured for one month on the plaque, they enjoy a covered parking space (out of the sun) for one month, their profile is added to our website and they are publicly congratulated on our Facebook page.
Meet our 2014 Employees of the Month
|2014 Cottonwood Tucson Employees of the Month (click to enlarge)|
- January 2014 ~ Jean Pierre “JP” Valero – Information System Specialist
- February 2014 ~ Kristen Doe – Adolescent Primary Therapist
- March 2014 ~ Ken Naig – Facilities Manager
- April 2014 ~ Lauren Golombek – Primary Therapist
- May 2014 ~ Craig Gray – Patient Advocate
- June 2014 ~ Dawn Majalca – Pharmacy Technician Coordinator
- July 2014 ~ Chris Branch – Maintenance Technician
- August 2014 ~ Pamela McFarland – Patient Accounting Director
- September 2014 ~ Debbie Dutko Castle – Clinical Nurse
- October 2014 ~ Eileen Jacobson – Health Information Manager and Compliance Officer
- November 2014 ~ Kathleen Parrish – Clinical Director
- December 2014 ~ Maria Borquez – Housekeeper
To each we say thank you for being innovative and creative in solving problems, taking personal responsibility to make things happen, desiring to contribute to Cottonwood’s success and for having a bond to our mission and vision.
Most importantly we thank all of our staff for caring for our patients as they begin their journey of recovery.
Happy New Year…