We are accepting new admissions
but have implemented additional pre-screening procedures to ensure the health and safety of everyone at Cottonwood Tucson. **At this time, all family visitation has been suspended until further notice.**
Cottonwood Tucson is closely monitoring all coronavirus (COVID-19) updates and is following suggested best practices from the CDC to prevent the spread of the virus. For more information, please click here
.**Telehealth Providers: please fill out this Google form to be added to our list of resources for patients.**
AcudetoxDrug & Alcohol Treatment
Alleviating Withdrawal Symptoms
Acupuncture has long been recognized as a therapeutic technique to treat conditions such as chronic pain, anxiety, insomnia, headaches, and digestive disorders. So it should come as no surprise that Acudetox can help alleviate the bothersome withdrawal symptoms associated with drug or alcohol abuse.
Cottonwood Tucson has been offering Acudetox services to patients since 2001. All Auricular Detox Specialists (ADS) are certified by both the National Acupuncture Detoxification Association (NADA) and the State of Arizona Acupuncture Board of Examiners. They are directly supervised by a board-certified acupuncturist.
What Is Acudetox Treatment?
Acudetox protocols were developed in 1974 by Dr. Michael Smith. The treatment is an innovative, natural, and drug-free way to support the recovery process. It involves an acupuncture of the ear (auricular acupuncture) in five designated points:
- Shen Men: “Spirit Gate” provides relaxation and calmness
- Sympathetic: Promotes relaxation and has a calming effect, especially in the abdominal area
- Kidney: Stimulates increase in kidney function and promotes elimination of toxins
- Liver: Stimulates increase in liver function and promotes cleansing
- Lung: Stimulates increase in lung function and promotes elimination
The needles are made of fine gauge stainless steel and sterilized for one-time use. They remain in the ear for 30 to 45 minutes.
Benefits of Acudetox include:
- Greatly reduced cravings
- Lower levels of stress
- Better ability to solve problems in daily living
- Better mental and physical stability
- Decreased anxiety in and out of therapeutic settings
- Increased desire to access and participate in available support systems
- Better attention to and retention of material in counseling sessions
- Improved social interaction
- Reduction in slips, relapse, and missed therapeutic appointments
- Improved abstinence after completion of the program
Acudetox at Cottonwood Tucson
At Cottonwood Tucson, Acudetox services are offered to all patients struggling with substance abuse—including nicotine addiction. Acudetox is integrated into the treatment plan as an adjunct support for patients struggling with symptoms of withdrawal, as recommended by the NADA.
Begin Your New Life in Recovery Today.Let Us Help You Get Started.